SPORTS CLUB @ FACULTY OF COMMERCE SMPIC
Our institute always believes in overall development of students, not only in academics but also in co-curricular activities as well. The SPORTS CLUB @ SMPIC provides platform to the students for various indoor and outdoor sports activities. Every year the Institute organizes various sports activities for the students to cultivate sports environment amongst students. The main objectives of Sports Club are:
- Playing a sport is a great way for students to take a break from academics and release the pent-up energy.
- It also helps them lead fuller and happier lives as regular sports and fitness activities have proven to provide not only physical benefits but also social and psychological benefits to students
- Several studies suggest playing sports develops a students’ self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Every sport requires some mental, physical and tactical discipline and patients.
- “There’s no I in team”. Students learn that the team cannot win unless they all work together and play to each other’s strengths.
- In sports, just like in life, one cannot win all the time. Playing a sport teaches children this truth early on in life.
At Faculty of Commerce SMPIC various sports events are conducted throughout the year to provide platform to the students, but due to covid-19 there were few restrictions to the conduction of the event. Even though college organized some events as per the covid-19 guidelines. All the activities of the Sports Club are conducted by Dr. Bhavik Swadia, Dr. Jaimin Patel and Dr. Bhavin Bhatt.
1.CHESS WORKSHOP AND COMPETETION: Our institute organized an Online chess workshop and competition for the college students on 20-7-2021. The students of all semesters participated in the workshop and competition. Students were provided training by Shri Ankit Dalal, well-known chess expert and arbitrator at Ahmedabad. Around 150 students participated in the competition. The winners at the competition:
First Position: Shriom Tiwari
Second Position: Kandarp Rajyaguru
Third Position: Sammed Jain
2. BADMINTONWORKSHOP AND COMPETITION: Our institute organized Inter collegiate workshop and competition on 17-12-2021 for boys and girls of all semester students. The event was organized at Gujarat Vidhyapith Badminton Court. Around 150 students participated in Single, Double and Mixed Double event. The winner was decided after round robin league. Following were the winners at the competition.
Boys: 1. Zeel Agrawal
Girls: 1.Krishi Thakkar
3. CRICKET SELECTION: The college has organized cricket selection for boys and girls of all semesters from 3-1-2021 to 11-1-2021. The selection was done based on Batting, Bowling and Fielding aspects of cricket. Around 200 students have participated in the selection.
1.SWIMMING: Maana Patel is the first Indian woman swimmer who represented India at Tokyo Olympics.
2. JAVELIN THROW: Diksha Dwivedi participated in 81st All India Inter University Athletics Championship 2021-22 organized by Kitt University, Bhubaneshwar and secured the 10th position in Javelin Throw.
- Smit Patel was the part of team GUJARAT U25 that remained the champion of all INDIA men’s U25 one day league organized by The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) played at Bangalore. He got chance to bat in 5 innings and scored total 260 runs and ranked 24th highest run scorer in all INDIA.
- Rohan Patel played for U-19 Gujarat Cricket Association in Vinoo Mankad Trophy (One day) played at Delhi and organized by BCCI and Cooch Bihar Trophy(4 days) played at Baroda.
4.SOFT TENNIS: Devanshi Patel stood 3rd in Gujarat State Ranking Soft Tennis Tournament organized by Gujarat Soft Tennis Association.
5. SHOOTING: Shantanu Kashyap won the Gold Medal at State Level in 50 Meter free pistol event organized by 56th Gujarat State Shooting Championship.
6.INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY CELEBRATION: Our institute celebrated International Yoga Day jointly organized by GLS FIT WAVE GYM on 21st June 2021.
7.CRICKET TOURNAMENT: Our institute participated in cricket tournament organized by GLS FIT WAVE GYMandreached up to Semi-Final Level.
8.SKATING: Dhruvil Keswani won 2 Gold Medals and 1 Silver Medal at National Roller Skating Championships-Speed Skating held at Vishakhapatnam, Andhrapradesh.
9.BASKETBALL: Our institute participated at Inter University Basketball Tournament by Oasis S&R Sports Recreation at L J Campus.
10.TENNIS: Jay Rochwani is the winner at UTR in singles event at Hyderabad. He is also a runner up at AITA CS -7 under 18 doubles at Amritsar and Guwahati. He has the best AITA ranking 150 in under 18.
11.ATHLETICS: Our institute organized inter collegiate Athletics Competitions like Sprinting, Shot-put Throw, Discus Throw, Javelin Throw, Long Jump, High Jump etc. for the students of all the semester to cultivate sports environment amongst them.